Mandate of the Trust
- To contribute to reconstruction, repair, maintenance, addition to, extension of or other alteration to the Russell Wharf, including, but not limited to:
- any boat launching ramp
- any children’s playground, and
- any other public amenities in the vicinity of the Russell Wharf (or any part thereof)
- To be a vehicle for community engagement in relation to the Russell Wharf and its stakeholders.
- To raise and provide funding to assist in all and any of the above projects.
- To take any such action as the Trustees consider appropriate to protect and/or,
- Enhance the long-term economic, cultural and social value of the Russell Wharf to the Community, their Manuhiri and persons in the Far North District generally.
Physical Scope of the Trust’s Role
- The wharf itself, including all attached structures.
- The waterfront of Kororareka Bay and any wharf, structure, launching ramp or public recreational facility.
If you have questions or concerns relating to any of the projects, you can contact us through this website and one of the trustees will get back to you as soon as possible.